How do I update my Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest software?
When there is a new Oculus software release, your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest headset will update automatically when connected to Wi-Fi and turned on. To make sure that your software is updated automatically, make sure that you:
- charge your headset;
- Keep your headset turned on.
- Keep your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest connected to Wi-Fi.
- Leave your headset on a flat surface without moving it or blocking the inside sensor for an extended period of time.
Note: Your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest will not update automatically while turned off or sleeping.
To manually check for software updates:
- Press on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
- Hover over the clock on the left-hand side of the universal menu. When Quick settings appears, select it to open the Quick settings panel.
- Select Settings in the top-right corner.
- Select System, then select Software update from the left menu.
From here, you can check your current software version. If a new version is available, a button to download the update will appear.
Learn more about Oculus software releases.