HOW CAN WE HELP?
Setting up your Meta Quest headset
Charge your headset
To start, plug the charging cord into your Meta Quest headset and a power source to begin charging it. The charging indicator turns green once it's fully charged. If you haven't already charged your Meta Quest , we recommend keeping your headset connected to power while it runs the initial updates.
Download the Oculus mobile app and create your account
If you're new to Meta, or using Meta Quest, a Facebook account is required to use your device, apps and the app store. You can create a Facebook account by tapping “Sign Up” on the first screen of the device setup process in the Oculus mobile app.
Adjust your headset fit and view
- To start, you'll want to gently adjust the lenses by shifting them left, then right until they click into the position that allows you to see what's on the screen most clearly.
- Next, adjust the side straps. To do this, move the two sliders on either side of the top strap.
- To loosen the side straps, move the sliders toward the top strap. To tighten the side straps, move the sliders away from the top strap.
- After you move the sliders, re-center the top strap between the sliders so that the two sides are equal, and the top strap is centered on your head when you put the headset on.
- Keep in mind, you'll need to remove the headset from your head to re-adjust the side straps with the sliders.
- If you're wearing glasses, make sure to insert the glasses spacer. When you're ready to put the headset on, put it on from front to back.
- Place the headset on your head, then remove it and make any additional adjustments to the side straps as needed.
- Once you've got the side straps set, put your headset back on and adjust the top strap. You can adjust the top strap by pulling apart the velcro and re-attaching it so that your Meta Quest 2 rests lightly on your face and the picture is clear.
- You can fine tune your headset fit and clarity by gently moving the firm arms on either side of your Meta Quest 2 up and down to adjust the angle of the headset against your face.
Once your headset is adjusted, follow the instructions in-VR and in the Oculus mobile app to complete the setup process.
If your Meta Quest 2 stalls while attempting to run the initial updates, please follow the directions in this article.
If you're having trouble completing the setup process in-VR and you see a pairing code:
please follow the steps below.
- Open the Oculus app on a compatible mobile device. If you don't already have the mobile app, you can download it from either the App Store or Google Play store using the links below:
- When you open the Oculus mobile app, you'll continue the setup process which includes:
- Signing into your account
- Setting up a VR profile
- Adjusting preferences and privacy settings
- Creating a store PIN
- Adding payment information
- Once you complete the account setup steps listed above, you may be prompted to select your headset. Select Meta Quest 2.
- If you don't see Meta Quest 2 listed, make sure that your mobile device has bluetooth turned on. If you still don't see Meta Quest 2, uninstall and then re-install the Oculus mobile app.
- On the next screen, tap Pair. Your headset will either pair automatically, or ask for the pairing code that was displayed while you were in-VR.
- After your headset is paired, you can tap Wi-Fi or Controller Issues? and select the issue that you're having.
- Follow the remaining steps displayed in the Oculus mobile app to resolve the issue.
If you continue experiencing issues setting up your Meta Quest 2, please contact Meta Store support for additional help.
Meta Portal care tips
Check portal.facebook.com/safety for the most up-to-date information on health and safety. Follow the recommendations and warnings there.
To take care of your Portal, follow these tips:
Picking a location:
- Set up your Portal on a flat, stable surface where it’s not likely to tip or fall.
- Set up and keep your Portal indoors in a well-ventilated, climate-controlled location. Your Portal may get warm during use, which is normal.
- Keep your Portal and its cord away from food, water or other liquids.
- Keep your Portal and its cord away from sources of heat like stoves, ovens or radiators.
- When setting up Portal, plug the cord into the device first, then into an appropriate outlet.
- Arrange the cord so it’s out of reach for children and pets, and no one will trip on it.
- Shut down and unplug your Portal before moving it.
- Unplug your Portal’s cord from the outlet first, then from the device.
- Only use the included power cord with your Portal.
Cleaning your Portal:
- Use a clean, soft dry cloth to clean the screen and outside of your Portal.
- Only clean the outside of your Portal. Don't attempt to open your Portal or to clean inside any ventilation or other openings.
- Don't use compressed air to clean your Portal.
- Don't use abrasive or harsh chemicals when cleaning your Portal.
If your Portal needs additional service, please contact Meta Store Support at store.facebook.com/help/support for assistance.
How do I use Facebook Assistant with Ray-Ban Stories?
Facebook Assistant enables a hands-free way to capture photos and videos and interact with Messenger using Ray-Ban Stories. To activate Facebook Assistant on Ray-Ban Stories, either say "Hey Facebook," or tap and hold the touchpad on your glasses.
To turn on Facebook Assistant:
- From the Facebook View app, tap on your profile picture.
- Tap Facebook Assistant, then tap the toggle next to Facebook Assistant.
If you turn on “Hey Facebook,” Assistant will activate when it detects this wake word so that it can respond to your requests. If this setting is off, you can still press and hold the touchpad to use Assistant.
Note: Facebook Assistant is currently available in English only.