How to use Story Time to read children's books on Portal?
On Portal, Story Time allows you to share interactive stories with animations, music and effects during a call or using the Story Time app. Explore children's story books, short stories, and bedtime stories with AR animation.
You must have an active Facebook or WhatsApp account and therefore be 13 years of age or older to create a Portal profile. While Portal is designed to help families connect, it is not a children’s device and should not be used without parental supervision.
Make sure your camera is turned on for Story Time to load.
To use Story Time during a call:
- Tap the screen to expose the call menu.
- Tap .
- Tap .
- Tap the story you'd like to share.
- Tap Play to start the story, or Description to see a brief description of the story.
To use the Story Time app:
- From Apps, tap the Story Time app.
- Tap the story you'd like to start.
- Tap Play and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Stories can take up to 45 seconds to load.
- To use the Story Time app, enable your microphone and camera.
- If you experience trouble loading a story or see a loading signal in the middle of a story, check your internet connection.