Audio issues or echo on Portal.
Can’t hear other callers
- Adjusting the volume.
- Checking your Wi-Fi signal strength.
- Unplugging your Portal, plugging it back in and trying the call again.
Other callers can’t hear you
- Your Portal is not muted.
- Plastic packaging isn’t covering your mics.
- Your camera cover is not covering your mics.
Echo during call
Echo is when one caller speaks and hears their own voice reflected back at them. If you hear your own voice echoed, that means someone else's device is causing it. If the people talking to you hear their own voices, then your device may be causing the echo.
To figure out which device is causing the echo, mute each person on the call one by one. If the echo goes away while you’re muted, try these steps:
- Turn down the volume.
- Move your Portal at least 2 feet away from walls, out of corners and cupboards and away from reflective surfaces (example: windows).
- Move Portal to a different room.
If you continue experiencing issues, please contact Meta Store Support at store.facebook.com/help/support for assistance.