How do I use voice interactions with my Portal?
“Hey Portal" and Alexa are built into your Portal for hands-free control. In order to enable Alexa on your Portal, one of the accounts linked to your device must sign in to their Amazon account.
You can use "Hey Portal" to control things like:
- Brightness control.
- Video control.
- Using camera Effects.
- Social features.
You can use Alexa to control things like:
- Playing music through music services connected to your Amazon account.
- Settings alarms or timers.
- Shopping and creating to-do lists.
- Some Alexa-supported features, like controlling smart-home devices.
- Set an alarm by saying, "Alexa, set an alarm.”
- Start a video call by saying, "Hey Portal, call [contact name]" or "Hey Portal, call [Relationship Name]."
- Hear the local weather, birthdays, events and news by saying, “Hey Portal, good morning.”
- Your Portal's microphone must be turned on to use voice controls.
- Some Alexa features are not currently supported on Portal. This includes features like calling, drop in, announcements, messaging and photos.
- You can learn more about Amazon Alexa on the Alexa website.
- In order to check the weather using Alexa, you'll need to download the Alexa app and set your location.