How do I update the software on my Portal?
Your Portal software will update automatically when connected to Wi-Fi and turned on. You can also manually update the software on your Portal in Settings.
To manually update the software on your Portal, Portal+ or Portal Mini:
- From Home, tap to open Settings .
- Tap About.
- Tap Check for Updates.
To update the software on your Portal TV:
- From Home, select Settings .
- Select About.
- Select Check for Updates.
In order to make sure your Portal software updates automatically:
- Ensure your Portal is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi when leaving your Portal idle.
- Allow your Portal to remain idle for up to 1 hour to ensure it updates to the latest software version.
Learn more about what to do if your Wi-Fi signal is weak.