What happens to my data when I log into an Oculus device with my Facebook account?
When you log into your Oculus device with your Facebook account or merge your Oculus and Facebook accounts, we'll use information related to your use of Oculus and Facebook for purposes such as:
- Providing and improving your experience across Facebook products.
- Promoting safety and integrity on our services.
- Showing you personalized content, including ads, across Facebook products. This could include recommendations for Oculus Events you might like, ads about Facebook apps and technologies, or ads from developers for their VR apps.
Examples of the information we use include:
The VR apps you use, so we can recommend new apps you haven’t tried yet.
- Your Facebook friend list, to make it easier to find and interact with your Facebook friends who are also in VR.
- Invites and acceptances for events you create.
- Information like your name and messaging metadata for chats in VR, so that you have access to your chats across devices.
- Your photos and related content like captions, likes and comments if you share photos from VR to Facebook.
- Information about your VR activity, like which apps you use, to show you ads for other VR apps you may like.
- Information about your activity on other Facebook products, such as Pages you like and groups you join, to recommend content and things to do in VR.