Updating your graphics card and drivers on Oculus Rift S or Rift.
Before you set up your Oculus Rift or Rift S, check to make sure the following things are up to date:
Graphics drivers enable your graphics card hardware to communicate with your computer. Staying up-to-date with the latest drivers available for your graphics card is needed for a smooth experience with Oculus Rift or Rift S. Occasionally, you may need to repair or uninstall and reinstall your graphics drivers to resolve a driver related issue.
To check for updates for your graphics card:
There are two options to download and install the latest drivers for your NVIDIA graphics card:
- Download the latest drivers from the GeForce website directly by scanning for the latest drivers available for your graphics card.
- If you have the GeForce Experience installed on your PC, download the latest driver updates for your graphics card from the Drivers tab in the GeForce Experience app.
There are two options to download and install the latest drivers for your AMD graphics card:
- Download the latest drivers from AMD's website directly.
- Install updates through AMD Radeon Settings:
- Right click on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings. (If you do not see AMD Radeon Settings, select AMD Catalyst Control Center).
- Select Information on the menu.
- Select Software Update.
- Select Check for updates now.
- Download and install the latest graphics card drivers (64-bit drivers are required).
To repair your graphics card drivers:
To uninstall and reinstall your graphics card drivers:
- Locate the latest drivers for your graphics card:
- Locate and open the Windows Apps and Features tool.
- Locate the graphics drivers for your system.
- Select Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once you've uninstalled your graphics driver, restart your PC.
- Run the driver executable you previously downloaded and follow the on screen instructions to reinstall.
USB drivers allow a hardware device, such as an Oculus Rift or Rift S, to communicate with your computer. Staying up-to-date with the latest drivers enables a smooth experience with Oculus Rift or Rift S. Occasionally, you may need to repair or uninstall and reinstall your USB drivers to resolve a driver related issue.
USB driver updates should be included with Windows updates. If you're having a problem with your USB driver, check to make sure you're running the most up to date version of Windows. If this doesn't solve the problem, you can also install updates directly from your manufacturer’s website: