Unlock Pattern for Apps on Meta Quest Headsets
You can use the same unlock pattern that you use to unlock your headset to control access to apps in your App Library. If you don’t already have one, learn how to add a device unlock pattern.
To enable your unlock pattern for all of the apps in your library:
- Press on your right controller to pull up your universal menu.
- Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
- Select Settings in the top right corner.
- Select Security
- Select This headset
- Use the toggle next to Locked apps to turn the app unlock pattern on or off.
- From the universal toolbar, select
- Select the app that you want to lock, then select .
- Select Lock
- Draw your app unlock pattern using at least 4 dots. This will be the same pattern you use to lock your device.
- Re-enter your pattern, then select confirm.
- Once locked, you'll see a message confirming that the app is now locked. Any other apps that you have locked previously will also display a lock icon.
Unlock a single app
To turn off your unlock pattern for a single app:
- Navigate to the app you want to unlock in your device library.
- Enter your unlock pattern.
- Once you've entered your pattern, you'll have the option to open the app or remove the unlock pattern. If you choose to remove the unlock pattern, you'll be asked to enter it once more to confirm.
Keep in mind, app lock is a device level feature, so if you factory reset or wipe your Meta Quest, you'll need to re-add your patern to secure your headset and apps.