Setting up Oculus Rift sensor tracking and Guardian
Setting Up for the First Time
If you’re setting up the sensor tracking and Guardian for your Oculus Touch controllers for the first time, follow the on-screen instructions when you plug in your additional sensor.
Resetting Your Sensor Tracking
After you set up your sensor tracking for the first time, you can change the location of your sensors at any time. Once you’ve changed the location of your sensors, you’ll need to reset your sensor tracking in your settings.
To reset the sensor tracking for your headset and Touch controllers:
The Guardian lets you create boundaries in VR that appear when you get too close to the edge of your play area. When setting up your Guardian, your play area will appear as one of these sizes:
- Below Minimum: If your play area is below minimum, it doesn’t meet the 3 feet by 3 feet (1 meter by 1 meter) requirement. The Guardian works best with a larger play area.
- Moderate: Your play area meets the minimum amount of space needed to set up the Guardian.
- Optimal: Your play area meets or exceeds the 7 feet by 5 feet (2 meters by 1.5 meters) space needed to set up the Guardian.
Resetting Your Guardian
If you want to redo your Guardian, you can reset it in your settings.
To reset your Guardian:
- Open the Oculus app on your PC computer.
- Select Devices in the left menu.
- Click Configure Rift and then select Guardian.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Guardian.