Setting up your Gear VR
To use your Gear VR, you need to install the Oculus app.The Oculus app for Gear VR is not available to download from the Play Store. To install it, follow the instructions below.
Note: Before you set up your Samsung Gear VR, turn your Samsung Android phone’s volume on and make sure it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network.
To set up your Samsung Gear VR:
1. Connect your headset straps:
Before you connect your phone to your Gear VR headset, connect and adjust your Gear VR straps.
- Insert the ends of the wider strap through the loops on the Gear VR headset and fasten the Velcro tabs.
- Connect the hook on the end of the top strap under the metal bar at the top of the headset and snap it in place.
- Slide the bottom end of the top strap through the loop into the wider strap and fasten the Velcro tab.
2. Connect your phone:
After you've connected your headset straps, connect your phone to your Gear VR headset.
- Connect your phone to your Gear VR headset and then put it on.
- Once you hear the voice instructions, remove your phone from the Gear VR headset.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the Oculus app to your phone.
- Open the Oculus app and follow the on-screen instructions to create an account.
- Reconnect your phone to your Gear VR headset and then put it on.
Note: The Oculus app found in the Google Play Store is not compatible with Gear VR.