Using a Samsung Gear VR controller
The Samsung Gear VR controller is a motion controller you can use with your Gear VR to interact with certain apps and games (example: Facebook 360, Drop Dead). Before you can start using your controller, you’ll need to pair it with your Android phone.
To pair your controller:
- Go to your phone's settings to turn on Bluetooth and then open the Oculus app.
- Tap More and then tap Controllers.
- Insert 2 AAA batteries into the controller and then press and hold the home button. While your phone is looking for your controller, the LED light at the bottom will cycle through red, green and blue colors. Tap Pair once your controller is found.
- Tap Next and then follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your controller.
- Tap Left Handed or Right Handed to choose which hand you’d like to use with your controller and then tap Next to finalize the pairing.
You can change which hand you’d like to use with your controller by returning to your controller settings.
To unpair your controller:
Go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings to unpair your controller.
Using your controller
The buttons on your controller do the following:
- Trigger: Press to select things
- Touchpad: Press to select things or swipe to browse
- Back button: Press to go back or press and hold to open the Universal Menu
- Home button: Press to go back to Oculus Home or press and hold to reset your controller orientation
- Volume buttons: Press to turn the volume up or down
Note: Not all games fully support the Gear VR controller. To check if the controller is supported, look for a Supported icon next to the game.