Oculus Air Link best practices and known issues
- Have your PC connected to Router/Access Point via Ethernet cable
- Headset should be connected to Wi-Fi via 5GHz band (AC or AX)
- Router in the same room as the headset or in line-of-sight, and at least 1m off the ground
- Non-mesh network configuration
Air Link stopped working when I upgraded to secure pairing.
If you used Air Link before secure pairing was available, you may have trouble initially connecting after the update. To prevent or fix this:
- Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
- Select Settings from the top right of the panel.
- Select Experimental Features.
- Select the toggle next to Air Link to turn it off and back on again.
My setup is ideal, but the performance is poor.
Air Link’s performance might be impacted if the Wi-Fi channel switches from 5-GHz to 2.4-GHz during a session. To avoid this behavior you can either create separate networks for the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz bands, or disable the 2.4-GHz band altogether. Please consult the manual of your router for more information.
If you're still running into difficulties with Wi-Fi performance on Air Link, try using a dedicated router for Air Link gameplay.
I can't unpair my headset from my PC.
Right now there is no option to unpair the headset from the PC. The way to unpair is from your headset. From your headset, select Settings, Experimental Feature, Turn Air Link off.
I have no audio when I launch into Air Link
To recover audio, reboot the headset and relaunch Air Link
My Settings panel becomes blank on Air Link crash or ungraceful Air Link session termination.
You may have to reboot the headset if the settings panel goes blank.
Max bit rate values for AMD and NVIDIA GPUs are different
- You can set up to a max of 100 mbps on AMD
- You can set up to a max of 200 mbps on NVIDIA
My bitrate settings changes are not persistent across sessions.
You'll always enter the Air Link session with default settings (Dynamic bitrate set to 100 mbps); any changes to bit rate settings will not be persistent across Air Link sessions.