How do I adjust my graphics performance preferences?
You can adjust the settings for the graphic performance of your Meta Quest 2 + Link from the Oculus app on your computer.
Meta Quest 2 + Link
- Open the Oculus app on your Computer.
- Click Devices on the left side of the app.
- Click Meta Quest and Touch.
- Scroll down to Graphics Preferences.
- Here, you can adjust your Refresh Rate and Render Resolution.
- Refresh rate: The number of times your Meta Quest 2 screen updates with new images each second. You can set your refresh rate to 72 Hz, 80 Hz, or 90 Hz.
- Render Resolution: Adjusts the resolution that the app or game you're using is being rendered at. The maximum render resolution you can set is 5408 x 2736.
Improved visuals vs performance
Keep in mind, while increasing your refresh rate and render resolution will result in improved visuals, these adjustments could have a negative impact on overall performance. Even with some of the newest and most powerful GPUs, maxing out values for the render resolution slider with a 90 Hz refresh rate may result in dropped or missing frames, which creates a less smooth in-VR experience.
If you're having performance issues while trying to use Meta Quest 2 + Link, please review our troubleshooting article for additional information.