How do I use the Sound Recorder gizmo in Horizon Worlds?
The Sound Recorder gizmo lets you record custom sounds from the mic on your headset. Each recording can be up to 30 seconds long.
To record a sound:
- From Build Mode, select the Three Dot icon, then select the Build icon.
- Select Gizmos.
- Grab the Sound Recorder gizmo and pull it into your world.
- While holding the gizmo, select the Three Dot icon, then select Record.
- Make a sound, then select Stop to stop recording or select Play to preview the recording.
You can also adjust the following properties for your sound:
- Looping: Turn this on to loop the sound continuously.
- Volume: This will adjust the volume your sound is played at inside your world.
- Pitch: Use this to adjust the playback speed.
- Play on Start: Turn this on to have the sound start playing as soon as a player enters the world.
- Global: Turn on this property to make the sound heard globally at the same volume regardless of a player's position in the world. Turning Global off means the sound will be perceived as coming from the gizmo's location in the world.
- Minimum Distance: The distance (in meters) at which a sound will be heard at maximum volume.
- Maximum Distance: The distance (in meters) at which a sound will no longer be heard.