How to cast with Meta Quest 2, Meta Quest and Oculus Go
This article covers the basics of how to cast your view in VR to others around you. If you're looking for info about casting your view and yourself, check out mobile mixed reality camera instead.
Getting started with CastingEnsure your devices are on the same Wi-Fi network
Casting allows you to share what you’re seeing in VR with others around you. You can cast to your computer, phone, or supported Chromecast device.
Before you begin casting, make sure your headset and casting device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Keep in mind that some apps may not allow casting.
Cast to your computerVia your browser
- On your computer, go to oculus.com/casting with Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge and log in to your account.
- Put your headset on and press on your controller to open the universal menu.
- Select Sharing then select Cast.
- Select Computer then select Next.
- If you don't see your computer listed, make sure that your headset and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select Done.
Cast to your phone or Chromecast deviceVia the Oculus app
- Open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Select in the top right of your screen.
- Under Cast From, select the headset you'd like to cast from.
Make sure it says Connected under your listed headset.
- Under Cast To, select This Phone or the Chromecast device you want to use.
- Tap Start at the bottom of your screen, put your headset on and accept the in-VR prompt to start casting.
Press on your controller to open the universal menu.
- Select to open Sharing, then select Cast.
- Select Stop Casting.
- TVs with built-in Chromecast or other smart functionality may be supported, but compatibility can't be guaranteed with all models.
- You may experience issues when casting and recording simultaneously.
- Exiting or minimizing the Oculus app may interrupt casting.
- Casting may increase battery usage or degrade in-app performance.
To get help troubleshooting your Chromecast device, visit Google's Chromecast Help page.