Accounts on Ray-Ban Stories
How do I log out of Facebook View?
A personal Facebook account is required to use Facebook View. You can choose to remove your account by logging out at any time.
If you log out from the app, your photos and videos will be permanently deleted, unless you save them to your phone’s camera roll first. When you log out, Facebook View permanently erases all of your captures from the app and any settings associated with your glasses.
To log out of Facebook View:
- Open Facebook View and tap your profile photo.
- Tap General, then tap Account Settings.
- Click Log Out and Delete Captures.
- Tap Log Out again to confirm.
How do I unpair my Ray-Ban Stories from Facebook View?
If you unpair your glasses from Facebook View, you’ll stay logged into Facebook and you’ll still have access to your previously imported photos and videos. Unpairing your glasses will remove them from the app’s memory, which will cause certain features, like viewing your battery’s charge, to not work. You will have the option to save your Facebook View photos and video to your phone’s camera roll before unpairing. If you choose not to, you will lose all captures stored on your glasses.
To unpair your Ray-Ban Stories:
- Open Facebook View and tap on your profile photo in the top right.
- Tap Your Glasses, then tap Unpair Glasses.
- Tap Unpair to confirm, then go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- Tap the info icon next to your glasses from the list of devices.
- Tap Forget This Device.
In order to to pair your glasses with a new Facebook account, you’ll need to factory reset your glasses. When you factory reset, you permanently erase all captures stored on the glasses.
To perform a factory reset:
- Make sure the glasses are on and ready, which means no blinking LEDs.
- Slide and hold the power switch all the way to the right while you press and hold the capture button.
- When the notification LED turns solid orange, first release the capture button followed by the power switch.
- Factory reset is complete when the notification LED turns off.
What happens to my Facebook View photos and videos if I deactivate my Facebook account?
A Facebook account is required to use Ray-Ban Stories, Facebook View and all of its features. If you deactivate your Facebook account, you won’t be able to pair your glasses to your phone, import your photos and videos, or use Facebook Assistant. You may choose to save your photos and videos to your phone’s camera roll before deactivating your account.
I'm having trouble logging into my Facebook account with Ray-Ban Stories
Why am I seeing a persistent notification for the Facebook View app on Android?
Certain Assistant features and media import settings require the Facebook View app to run in the background. Android OS displays a persistent notification that you can’t dismiss to let you know which apps are active.
To dismiss the notification, you’ll need to turn off Automatically import captures and Facebook Assistant settings.
To turn off these settings:
- From the Facebook View app, tap your profile photo in the top right.
- Tap Facebook Assistant, tap Facebook Assistant settings then gap General.
- Tap Capture preferences then tap Automatically import captures.
Once you turn off these settings, you won’t be able to ask Assistant about your Ray-Ban Stories battery level or take photos and videos hands-free. All photos and videos taken with your glasses would also need to be imported to Facebook View manually.