Facebook View California Privacy Notice
Effective Date: August 19, 2022
When we say “Personal Information” in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
How we collect, use, and share Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information we collect include:
- Data with special protections, if you choose to provide it;
- Voice interactions with our voice services, if available to you and you choose to enable it;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Audio or visual information, including photos and videos, if you choose to provide it; and
- Information derived from other Personal Information about you, which could include your preferences, interests, and other information used to personalize your experience.
Examples of how Personal Information is used include:
- Providing, personalizing, and improving Facebook View;
- Performing measurement, analysis, and other business services;
- Promoting safety, integrity, and security;
- Communicating with you; and
- Researching and innovating for social good.
Parties with whom each category of Personal Information may be shared include:
- New owners in the event of a change of ownership or control of all or part of Facebook View;
- Luxottica Group S.p.A., the manufacturer and distributor of the Glasses that pair with the App (Personal Information related to your customer service requests only);
- Partners, including vendors and service providers, and researchers and academics;
- Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or using our Products;
- Law enforcement or other third parties in connection with legal requests; and
- Meta Companies.
Sources of Personal Information
We receive Personal Information from the information that you and others provide, from your device(s), and from our partners. The categories of sources from which we’ve collected or received Personal Information include:
- You: We collect the content and other information you provide when you use Facebook View, such as information about the features or other experiences you interact with. If available to you, we also collect voice interactions when you use our voice services.
- Meta Companies: We may receive information from other Meta Companies (which include Instagram and WhatsApp) for business purposes, such as to provide infrastructure services, that help us provide you with an innovative, relevant, consistent, and safe experience across all Meta Company Products you use. We also process information about you across the Meta Companies for these purposes, as permitted by applicable law, and in accordance with their terms and policies.
- Partners: We may receive information about you from partners, including customer service request-related information from Luxottica Group S.p.A, the manufacturer and distributor of the Glasses that pair with the App. App developers, and publishers and other partners that provide services on the Glasses or Facebook View can send us information for business purposes. Partners may receive your data when you visit or use their services or through third parties they work with. We require each of these partners to have rights to collect, use, and share your data before providing any data to us.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
To exercise your “right to know” or your “right to request deletion,” click here.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of Facebook View, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as your name and proof of residency.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. In most cases, we will facilitate your request through automated tools available through your password-protected account.
Contact for more information
If you have additional questions about this Notice or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us.
For information on the CCPA requests we have received, please see here.