Facebook View California Privacy Notice
Effective Date: September 9, 2021
This California Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) is for California residents and supplements our Supplemental Facebook View Data Policy. It explains how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information and how to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
When we say “Personal Information” in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
How we collect, use, and share Personal Information
To provide Facebook View (as defined in the Supplemental Facebook View Data Policy), we must process information about you, including Personal Information. Subject to the limitations we describe in the Facebook Data Policy and the Supplemental Facebook View Data Policy, we may share your Personal Information for business purposes with strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide, at your direction, or in ways otherwise in accordance with the CCPA. We do not sell any of your Personal Information, and we never will.
The best way to learn about the kinds of information we collect and how we use it is to review the Facebook Data Policy and the Supplemental Facebook View Data Policy. Here is a summary of the CCPA-related categories of Personal Information we may have collected about you over the past 12 months, depending on how you use Facebook View, as well as how we use it and with whom we may have shared it.
Categories of Personal Information we collect include:
- Data with special protections, if you choose to provide it;
- Voice interactions with Facebook Assistant, if available to you and you choose to enable it;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Audio or visual information, including photos and videos, if you choose to provide it; and
- Information derived from other Personal Information about you, which could include your preferences, interests, and other information used to personalize your experience.
Examples of how Personal Information is used include:
- Providing, personalizing, and improving Facebook View;
- Performing measurement, analysis, and other business services;
- Promoting safety, integrity, and security;
- Communicating with you; and
- Researching and innovating for social good.
Parties with whom each category of Personal Information may be shared include:
- New owners in the event of a change of ownership or control of all or part of Facebook View;
- Luxottica Group S.p.A., the manufacturer and distributor of the Glasses that pair with the App (Personal Information related to your customer service requests only);
- Partners, including vendors and service providers, and researchers and academics;
- Law enforcement or other third parties in connection with legal requests; and
- Facebook Companies.
Sources of Personal Information
We receive Personal Information from the information that you and others provide, from your device(s), and from our partners. The categories of sources from which we’ve collected or received Personal Information include:
- You: We collect the content and other information you provide when you use Facebook View, such as information about the features or other experiences you interact with. If available to you, we also collect voice interactions when you use Facebook Assistant.
- Your devices: We collect information from and about the devices you use to access Facebook View, including the Glasses and the device(s) you use to access the App. As described in the Supplemental Facebook View Data Policy, we collect different types of device information. This includes essential data, such as information to capture the success or failure of specific functions (including when you are pairing the Glasses with the App) and to authenticate you (including when you sign into the App with your Facebook account), and additional data, such as the number of images captured, the time spent taking videos, and the average length of videos captured.
- Facebook Companies: We may receive information from other Facebook Companies (which include Instagram and WhatsApp) for business purposes, such as to provide infrastructure services, that help us provide you with an innovative, relevant, consistent, and safe experience across all Facebook Company Products you use. We also process information about you across the Facebook Companies for these purposes, as permitted by applicable law, and in accordance with their terms and policies.
- Partners: We may receive information about you from partners, including customer service request-related information from Luxottica Group S.p.A, the manufacturer and distributor of the Glasses that pair with the App.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
To exercise your “right to know” or your “right to request deletion,” click here.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of Facebook View, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as your name and proof of residency.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. In most cases, we will facilitate your request through automated tools available through your password-protected account.
Contact for more information
If you have additional questions about this Notice or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us.